During work carried out in 1974, it was found that the culverts lay on an ancient rough flint track. John Minet Fector junior aka Laurie. He held that position until 1866 and died two years later. Having remarried, Catherine died in Monte Carlo in February 1926. Towards the end of the War the Dover Excavation Committee had been set up with the prime objective to examine and record as much of the blitzed areas as possible before rebuilding started.
The Abbey was completed and furnished by the end of 1822 and Anne Fector with her children moved in. Heavily involved in local politics, Churchward owned two local papers and used them to the full to influence the electorate. The east wing led to an oak-panelled library 32feet by 20feet and included a tower room. There the family were attended by a full retinue of servants under the charge of an imposing butler named Sutter Sulliman from Persia. The ice was kept cold by a stream from the main River Dour coming into the Abbey grounds in a culvert from Kearsney Manor and originating at Watersend.
He also toured with such 60s bands as the Grass Roots and Hermans Hermits before landing the job of pianist in Rod Stewart's band in 1974. As of 2016, Jarvis continues to tour with the Vince Gill band, which also features Willie Weeks, Paul Franklin and Tom Bukovac. The Kearsney station had a small goods siding and platforms for passenger trains to serve the villages of River and Temple Ewell. . The peacocks, unfortunately for householders in the neighbourhood, used their island home as a base from which they plundered gardens.
The internal workings were restored and used to pump water to the Abbey. Voluntary wardens were appointed, one of which was Brenda Pittaway. Dover Museum The following year an appraisal of the state of the trees within the Abbey grounds was undertaken and it was found that some were significant in their own right. By 1882, the whole of the Kearsney estate had been split with 26acres of the land to the north of the Abbey and west of the Manor, sold. Particularly, there would be an annual civic party to which a wider cross-section of local interests and voluntary organisations would be represented. The bell is now at Dover.
Part of the Kearsney Abbey estate, before the War, were the cottages along the Alkham Road. Sir William erected a monument to this effect and on an island in one of the Abbey lakes Curtis placed a miniature replica. On returning from an extended tour of the Continent, with his wife Anne and young family of three girls and one boy, he recognized that something had to be done to help the town. On returning he set up as surgeon on Harley Street specialising in afflictions of the Ear, Nose and Throat, and was the consultant to a number of London Hospitals. There was also a full suite of offices on the ground floor and in the cellars, patent iron wine bins. After much debate, it was decided to undertake the resurfacing and relocating the bar-be-cue area but the cost of demolishing the tearoom was prohibitive! His caveat was that he kept the debris along with the remains from the earlier demolition and this was agreed. The 1901 census lists Kearsney Abbey as having 14 domestic staff including a butler.
Building Land — approximately 31 acres 4. During the Easter weekend of the following year, 1869, the grounds of the Abbey were open for visitors during the held in the town. The proposed development was divided into five sections: Section I — Chilton Way — An extension of Lewisham Road, laid out to a width of 30-feet with footways 5-feet wide and an additional 200-foot of grass verge which would enable the street to be widened to 50-feet in the future. Kearsney Abbey and Grounds — approximately 23acres 2. Once building started, perfectly good or repairable buildings, many ancient, were demolished in the name of progress. However, when various building proposals were suggested for the site, the caravan park idea was dropped.
Cox-hill Mount Building Estate — approximately 34 acres 3. June 1907 The next occupant of Kearsney Abbey was Major-General William Henry Randolph Simpson c1830-1910 and his wife Catherine. Later a mausoleum was constructed in the churchyard. That year a syndicate was formed by Dover Harbour Board chairman Sir William Crundall 1847-1934 and included Weetman Dickinson Pearson — 1st Viscount Cowdray and John Jackson 1851-1919. Bedroom furniture of similar quality ornaments, a well stocked wine cellar, household effects and Turkish, Wilton and Axminster carpets.
Advert for the sale of Kearsney Abbey August 1850 John Minet junior celebrated his 25 th birthday on 28 March 1837 with a week of festivities at Kearsney Abbey. The station before Dover Priory was at Kearsney with Halts in between. In March the following year, the farmland was on the market as building land. Janet and Malcolm Mac Young founded the company in 1947 and they put on a number of outdoor productions at the Abbey, some of which over 4,000 people attended. Kearsney Abbey — the white building is the former billiard room now a tea room. He put the Abbey along with Kearsney Manor on the market stating that London was only 2hours away by train from Kearsney station and that the continental packet service only 3 miles away.
Jarvis continues to record as well, performing on works by Lynda Carter, Chris Botti and others. Over the centuries, the name appears in many forms, including Casney, Casteney, Kersoney and Kernsey and although not a village it did have a manor. Also for sale was a 28-30horse-powered dark green Humber limousine car with grey upholstery and bodywork made by Starey and Woolley of Nottingham. In the general election of April 1835, John Minet junior was one of the two Conservative candidates elected. Occasionally would be building developers pass a covetous eye over the site and make attractive offers, though public feeling prevails against such outcomes.